How do you give back to your community?
The Blue Buddha Boutique is committed to making the world a better place, particularly through education.
Here are just a few of the organizations B3 has supported with cash or jewelry donations:
• Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum
• Albany Park Chamber of Commerce
• Anti-Cruelty Society
• Chiaravalle Montessori School
• Chicago Tap Theatre
• Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis
• Lillstreet Art Center
• Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
• SHAC 7
• Stand Up For Pits Foundation
• UPRAA Hurricane Maria Relief Fund
Additionally, Rebeca has volunteered as a contributing editor to Step by Step Wire Jewelry magazine and spent many years as a volunteer member of the Chicago Craft Mafia to promote the DIY scene in Chicago and beyond. Finally, she spends a few hours a month talking one-on-one with other chainmaillers and crafters who would like to make a living at their craft.
We also believe it is important to nourish the Earth, so that we can still have communities to give back to! To that extent, we strive to be as green as we can be. Read our list of green practices.